Re: reboot required after linux-image upgrade?

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 02:51 -0700, ML mail wrote:
> I just upgraded my debian wheezy linux-image from 3.2.54 to 3.2.57
> using apt-get update/upgrade and was wondering if I need to reboot my
> system or not in order for Linux to use the new kernel?

You need to reboot! This is not absolutely true, it's also possible to
switch from one to another kernel without rebooting, however, just
installing a new kernel doesn't the trick. IMO the best way is to reboot
and to ignore methods to switch to another kernel without rebooting.