Re: I need to hear PC Speaker Beeps through the Audio Output.

I performed lsmod on the system in question and it does show
that lsmod loads but the second column is headed as "used by"
and there is a 0 there which sounds like nothing is using it. Is
there something I need to do to get it producing sound over the
audio output jack?
	As I previously described, I get perfectly good stereo
sound via alsa just no terminal beeps. I have the 'beep' utility
installed which also makes use of the PC speaker not the sound
card. If I tell beep to emit 400 for 10 seconds by
beep -f400 -l10000, it comes out that piezo buzzer for 10
seconds. Absolutely nothing comes out through the sound card
that sounds like a 400 HZ square wave tone.

	The amixer settings for this particular sound card show
Beep turned on and set for full volume. I am not sure if that
means the hardware input on the sound card or audio input from a
driver. Severl older Dell systems I have will relay the PC
speaker's audio if you tell amixer to open the appropriate audio
channel but they also have physical connections to the mother
board's speaker driver which comes from the BIOS post test.

Martin