Re: Cron 101: Cron message "/bin/sh: root: command not found"

On Du, 11 mai 14, 11:53:30, Ron Leach wrote:

> server4:/# crontab -l
> # /etc/crontab: system-wide crontab

I seriously doubt that.

[...]

> How very odd.
> That isn't the content of /etc/crontab .

Since it seems like you executed 'crontab -l' as root is seems like it
is the crontab of the 'root' user.

> EDIT: I see from Andrei's and Filip's replies that this report may be
> picking up root's crontab from /var/spool/cron/crontabs .

Looks like it. You could (as root):

    crontab -l > root_crontab
    crontab -r

and see if you still get the error. Later you can diff the root_crontab
file with /etc/crontab and see if there's anything useful in there to
migrate to the real system-wide crontab.

Kind regards,
Andrei