Re: Confusion

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 04:31:03PM +0930, josh wrote:
> Hi,

[snip]

> I have downloaded 'wheezy' and created a CD from the Iso image. When I
> attempt to boot from the CD the screen image comes up, I respond to a
> few options, then the system reports unable to read from the CD - which
> it has, of course, been doing.

This recall to my mind a Windows (so sorry to name it here) bug where
bios calls were used on first stage boot but then the real driver was
missing (sata if I remember correctly).

Long time I don't use a Debian installer to install a Debian but I'm
pretty sure you can use alt+function keys (or alt+ctrl+function) while
installing when you get the error to get a shell and begin investigate
the problem looking for error messages, even plug some pendrive and
collect some log to share with the list.

[snip]

Good luck
Cheers