Re: sudo in X-environment

On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 06:29 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> Thanks. As I said earlier, I consider this a bug. What's the point of
> using gksu/gksudo if you have do use a wrapper that you could use
> around su/sudo?

You still will get a GUI to enter the password. When running su/sudo by
a launcher, you at least need to run it in a terminal emulation.

Btw. perhaps only a bug for Arch Linux and not for Debian. I didn't make
this test for my Debian install. I'll do it within the next days.

> Maybe pkexec is the solution?

Perhaps it is, but AFAIK I have to launch lxpolkit to use it, I already
prepared my .jwmrc, but it's still commented out.

$ cat .jwmrc | grep lxpol
  <!-- lxpolkit is needed when e.g. using "pkexec" instead of "gksudo" -->
  <!-- <StartupCommand>/usr/lib/lxpolkit/lxpolkit</StartupCommand> -->