Re: Re^4: Mutt: SSL Certificate check ... SASL

On Du, 27 apr 14, 07:13:32, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>     From: Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
>     Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 19:31:22 +0200
> > P.S. could you please not break threads *and* munge the Subject on every
> > reply?
>
> The limitations in using a Web browser to reply to a mailing list are
> known and documented in
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMailingLists#Message_Threading_and_Replying .
>
> If you spot an error there, please correct it or notify me in a private
> message so that I can correct it.

I was referring to the '^3' inserted by your MUA. It's merely annoying
when threading works, but will completely break any attempt to associate
a reply with the originating thread when it doesn't. See
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#section-3.6.5

Besides, some mail clients completely ignore In-Reply-To: or References:
for threading, so will always see a new thread on any of your replies.

Kind regards,
Andrei