Re: Systemd

Well, I have great amount of respect for Ts'o and Linus, they are both
very, very smart.  Also I have a friend who is rather adept at
programming and he's been going through the systemd code and has been
bitching about it a lot. So all that second hand negative opinion
tends to make me a bit nervous about systemd.  Then also recently
there was a patch for systemd related to screen temporary files. Why
does systemd need to be aware of screen?  Is it going to get to the
point where systemd must be aware of each and every application's
temporary files and whatever else?  Soon systemd will just become the
OS, there will be no Linux...

I have been using it, it seems fine most of the time.  A couples times
it refused to shutdown my system, which was a bit puzzling. I haven't
been able to reliably recreate the problem. After a power cycle, file
systems needed checking. So it still has a few bugs, and I'm not
really using it that hard, this is only a desktop.