What we should do (Re: Heartbleed (was ... Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...))

Okay, the short version of the long post:

If you don't know what to do about things like the heartbeat/bleed bug, I'm suggesting we all start contributing more to the projects we regularly use.

Learn to code if we haven't. Report bugs. Help with documentation and localization.

That's how we reduce the number of bugs and the potential for damage.

Whether my long response to Jerry's long response to Theo's rant about the openssl project's approach to development helps to understand how pointer issues interact with library issues and team management issues, ... Well, maybe it doesn't help you.

But the important thing is that we all need to help a little bit more, and running away from learning to code doesn't help.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM, David Guntner <david@guntner.com> wrote:
Joel Rees grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> (Reader beware. Length breeds length.)

And this whole thread has gone on (and morphed) entirely too long.
Please take it to the Debian Offtopic list.