Re: Heartbleed (was ... Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...)

Am Dienstag, 15. April 2014, 11:41:34 schrieb Richard Hector:
> On 15/04/14 02:03, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> >> I certainly wouldn't jump to conclusions that they're a bank therefore

> > I jumped to no conclusion.  Do you see the word "bank" in my original
> > statement below?  No, you see "financial institutions".
>
> Sorry. I'll add the logical step: "... they're a bank therefore they're
> a financial institution therefore they use IBM mainframes ..."

I read that certain banks in Germany had the heartbleed bug and are in the
process of fixing it  – which they hopefully completed by now.

So I recommend to ask your bank whether they had this issue *or* change your
access data to it *just in case*.

Instead of guessing. Guessing or speculation does not help a single bit with
this bug. This bug is digital. Either some webserver had it or not. And if it
had it… someone may have exploited it.