Re: Adobe flash security

On Monday 14 April 2014 17:49:59 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> But I am still getting, as I did in the first place,
>
> Installed plugins
> Find updates for installed plugins at mozilla.com/plugincheck
> Shockwave Flash
>
>     File: libflashplayer.so
>     Version: 11,2,202,346
>     State: Enabled
>     Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
>
> As a result of a mistake I made (I mv-ed libflashplayer
> from :/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree to /home/lisi/.mozilla/plugins/
> so had to cp it back again) I can see that it is indeed the correct
> libflashplayer.so, since the main system still thinks that it has
> got the correct version.  Why does Iceweasel not agree, and how do
> I persuade it to do so?  The Mozilla site just says to do exactly
> what I have done. :-(

Nothing like answering my own question. :-(  I created
the .mozilla/plugins directory, but flashplayer was there before.
So obviously Iceweasel is looking somewhere else and all (all???) I
have to do is find out where.

I have also changed the permissions on the libflashplayer.so file to
no avail.

All help very gratefully received.
Lisi