Re: Cropping a large collection of .PNG screenshots

On 04/09/2014 10:09 PM, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 03:03:14AM -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
I have a few hundred screen shots I want to put on a web page, but
they are all full-screen and I want to crop to the real contents.
This is an identical region in all cases.  So I want to script it.

So, 2 questions:
A) What's the best tool for the job?  Gimp, irfanview, or something else?
B) Is there a script already in existence where I can just change the
crop rectangle?  I really don't want to learn a new language for a
one-time job.
*IF* you are into perl, then consider perlmagick.
There are examples under the /usr/share/doc/perlmagick/examples/demo/
directory, e.g.

He might consider using "Simple Image Reducer" which is in the repos. You don't have to kill a chicken (ala Computer Voodoo) to use it. I use it on collections of photos to get them all to a smaller and even aspect ratio for use on our webpages. I just click and import all of the images I want, to select and set them all to one size. Seconds later, they are all done and MUCH smaller in file size. Perfect for webpage use. I'm an idiot and it "just works for me". :) Ric

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png