Re: is there a risk to program in java since sun is bought by oracle

(Nice top post)

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Gian Uberto Lauri
<gianuberto.lauri@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only problem with Java is that it is a bit "old" for current architectures. There are better languages that run on the JVM (Clojure and Scala to name two).

The problems with java come from allowing untrusted compiled code to
run natively on your machine (WebStart). Web services, databases,
Android apps, etc don't have this issue. However, I'm pretty sure you
can write Scala/Clojure WebStart apps that would have the same issues
as native Java has here.

The Java culture tends to piss me off so I try to stay away from it
(and I like scripting languages better anyway).

>> On 09/apr/2014, at 22:31, abdelkader belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> is there a risk to program in java since sun is bought by oracle ?

AFAIK, the issue with Oracle is their release cycle (not sure if
that's still the case).