Found answer - was [Re: Problem writing custom preseed.cfg]

Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm attempting to write a custom preseed.cfg file in order to
disable the installation of any bootloader (target box has
heavily customized bootloader which I manually reconfigure as
required).

In the past I've been pointed to template file of an appropriate
udeb.

I went looking on
https://packages.debian.org/stable/debian-installer/ .
The only udeb that appeared relevant was nobootloader. Its
template file was not helpful.

Two questions:
1. In this particular case how do I disable the
installation/configuration of ANY bootloader?

I reformulate a Google search and found
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs04.html.en#preseed-bootloader
which said in part:
B.4.11. Boot loader installation

# Grub is the default boot loader (for x86). If you want lilo installed
# instead, uncomment this:
#d-i grub-installer/skip boolean true
# To also skip installing lilo, and install no bootloader, uncomment this
# too:
#d-i lilo-installer/skip boolean true

That was not in example preseed file I had downloaded some time back (link unknown)

2. The general case - how do I discover which udeb is relevant?

Read page after consuming caffeinated beverage ;/

IOW - why do I find my own answer only after posting?