Re: Jessie Post-Install

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 02:56:09PM -0300, Bruno Schneider wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Stephen Allen wrote:
> >>
> >> You installed a DE so you should expect WiFi to be operative after the
> >> install if you used it during it.
> >
> > Exactly. I'll file a bug.
>
> You probably just need some non free firmware.
>
> For instance, if your hardware is realtek, just install
> firmware-realtek and it should work.

No, as I said it was working during the install and wouldn't without the
firmware needed which was, non-free. I know what I'm doing and was able
to enable it. The point I'm making is that a novice user would have been
lost - Xfce4 isn't the most user friendly UI. That's why GNOME-Shell
should be the default. IMHO

Most users are going to be using relatively modern laptops that will run
it fine. Hell I've had a 10 year old laptop running Gnome-Shell just
fine prior.