Re: The current enforced switch to Wayland (likely not for stable)

On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 09:57 +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 09:05:36AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > today I needed to cancel an upgrade for my stable, testing, unstable
> > mix, since the upgrade wanted to remove xserver-xorg.
>
> If you provide what apt said it was going to do to the list, then the
> list might be able to explain what is happening. Nobody has decided to
> replace X with Wayland in Debian at this time.

I tried to upgrade close before I have to leave home to go to work. I
didn't find the package/s that conflicted with xorg, or conflict just
with the xorg version from stable. I likely will do some investigations
during next week. I will let you know what I found out and/or ask
questions.

Ok, so there's no switch from X to Wayland, it's "just" some package
issue for my stable, testing, unstable mix.

Thanks.

To be continued ...