Re: lighttpd server configs

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 04:12:03PM -0500, John Foster wrote:
> However, when I try to use http://localhost. or http://127.0.0.1  or
> the actual IP address of the computer on my network, it fails. This
> pops up in the url bar of the browser:
>
> http://www.physicswiki.net//index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> It appears that the server is redirecting the request properly except
> for the double forward slash marks & removing one of them does not fix
> the issue; the lighttpd.conf file is below;
snip
> > $HTTP["host"] == "www.physicswiki.net" {
> >   server.document-root = "/var/www/"
> >   }

FWIW I find it best not to modify lighttpd.conf but to put vhost
configuration in its own file in /etc/lighttpd/mods-available and
symlink to mods-enabled (via lighttpd-enable-mod), but that's merely
a style/tidiness issue.

If you remove trailing slash from 'document-root', above, what happens?