Using LTSP on a Debian server with Raspberry PI thin clients

Hi,
To simplify things I was thinking about running a couple of RPI thin clients off my debian server? I would be using either powerline networking or wireless. I think I'll need to install a special bootloader on the RPI as they can't boot using PXE.

I was wondering if anyone had actually implemented a system like this, and if it was responsive enough to be useful? Are there any other considerations I might need to think about?

All the best,
James