Re: [Resolved] Re: When fogetting assigned login name rather than password

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Sb, 15 mar 14, 09:08:52, Richard Owlett wrote:

Sequence was:
   Do full install install of Squeeze to sda1. Only non-default was
      size of install partition.

Well, setting a root password is quite a "weak" default. If you just
press enter (leaving the password blank) you get the sudo setup ;)

But for my tests "reproducibility" outranks "strength".
I purchased a used laptop to be dedicated to these experiments.
It intentionally has no network connectivity.
There is nothing on the machine that is not on the install DVD's.

This serves two purposes:
1. learn the ins and outs of Debian by experiment - suits my learning style
  2. choose a user experience that suits my quirks