Re: systemd - boot messages

Am 2014-03-15 15:34, schrieb Hans:
Hi folks,

at boot I get lotsa of messages of this kind:

6.782635] systemd[1]: Job setserial.service/start deleted to break ordering
cycle starting with basic.target/start

   6.782433] systemd[1]: Breaking ordering cycle by deleting job
sockets.target/start
[ 6.782438] systemd[1]: Job sockets.target/start deleted to break ordering
cycle starting with basic.target/start

and so on.

Can you tell me, what they do mean and why they are produced? How can I get
rid of these if possible?

I already deinstalled and purged "hal" and "hal-info" as well as deinstalled
orphaned libs. This reduced some messages, but not all.

hal and hal-info are not related the culprit is the setserial SysV init script, specifically the buggy chkconfig line.

See
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-systemd/systemd.git;a=commitdiff;h=a049efa

for details. Will be fixed in the next systemd upload by simply ignore chkconfig headers.

HTH,
Michael