Boot issue - machine ends up in Busybox

Hi,

On Wed, I upgraded my debian box (unstable) using aptitude and then shut
it down. On booting, it gave me an alert about a disk it couldn't find
and brought up the Busybox prompt. I have /boot as a normal partition
and other partitions (/, /home, /tmp, /usr, /var, etc.) in a LVM group.

On checking the LVM partitions, everything seemed to be fine. Then I did
a lvm vgchange -ay and exit, the machine booted up fine after that. I
rebooted the machine and had to do the activate the volumegroup again to
be able to boot!

Why isn't it able to scan the lvm groups and volumes? Is it something to
do with systemd?

The message before it goes to busybox is shown below if it is helpful.

********
Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:
Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline )
Check root delay = (did the system wait long enough)
Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/66743620-9332-4a1e-a8b1-933eeab1fd89 does not
exist.
Dropping to shell!
modprobe: module ehci-orion not found in modules.dep
*********

--
  KS
  lists04@fastmail.fm