rubygems

I have kind of a weird one. I have rubygems installed on a sid server, but it is at version 1.3.7 from squeeze. I don't have squeeze in my sources.list, so it should be upgrading to 1.8.x...But it tells me that 1.3.7 is the latest version.

I only have wheezy, squeeze, and sid in my sources.list.

Ideas on why it's not being upgraded or why how to get it to upgrade properly? I can get the debs from online and manually dpkg -i them, but that's the ugly approach, and may or may not fix my base problem.

Thoughts?
--b