Re: Deb 7.4 Mouse Worked Live Not After Install

Phil newcombe, 19.02.2014:
> Hi all. Back trying Debian again after many years.
>
> Am having hard time with mouse pointer in latest linuxes. After
> trying about 7 distros on my machine the Deb 7.4 live CD was the
> only one that worked. But then after installation the mouse pointer
> no longer responds - just sits in the middle of the screen not
> moving (like with many of the other distros - but at least it worked
> live). Something's happening because random icons and buttons
> highlight as I try to move the mouse around and the buttons work.
>
> I tried firing it up in rescue mode and got the following, repeating
> over and over (I'm not sure which line would be the actual start of
> the block):
>
> input: PixArt USB Optical Mouse as
> /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-2/6-2:1.0/input/input<nn>
> generic-usb 0003:093a:2510.000<E>: input,hidraw2: USB HID v1.11
> Mouse [PixArt USB OPtical Mouse on usb-0000:00:1d.1-2/input0
> usb 6-2: USB disconnect, device number <n>
> usb 6-2: new low-speed USB device number <n+1> using uhci_hcd
> usb 6-2: New USB device found, id Vendor=093a, id Product=2510
> usb 6-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, Serial Number=0
> usb 6-2: Product: USB Optical Mouse
> usb 6-2: Manufacturer: PixArt
>
> (Some of the formatting may be a little off as I copied it by hand.)
> Wherever there are <> the item inside increments each time the block
> repeats.
>
> Any ideas what I can do about it and why would it work perfectly in
> 'live' mode but not after install?

It looks like the usb device is repeatedly connecting and disconnecting.
Your report that several different distros are showing the same problem
makes me think of hardware issues.  Are you using a usb hub?  Have you
tried another mouse, or tried that mouse in another computer?