Re: Debian + Dell + double screen

I installed the new kernel (3.12), xinerama was finally already installed.
I can see my desktop on the 2 screens, but without being extended.

What is strange is the fact that only one screen seems to be detected :

$ xrandr --prop
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1920 x 1080, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080       0.0*

Ok course not ! I thought that it was a self package, not an extension (lib) depending on X11 !
Many thanks, I will try...

Benjamin DE DARDEL <benjamin.dedardel@gmail.com> writes:

>> Benjamin, why didn't you use xinerama?
>
> Why not !

> In fact, I upgrade kernel

I don't think you really needed it.

> I can I install xinerama ? because I don't find it in my debian packages :

> $ apt-cache search xinerama
> libxinerama1 - Bibliothèque de l'extension Xinerama pour X11

Are you kidding?