Re: questions about password safes

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:56:40 -0700
Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

Hello Paul,

>I run Wheezy, desktop Xfce. I want to start using a password
>safe. I've done some searching on the Web and would like to use Bruce
>Schneier's "Password Safe". There is a package in Sid by the name
>"mypasswordsafe.deb". I hope that this is a version of Schneier's

It's a package that is only available for m68k architecture, only in
Sid, and dates from 2005.  Further, it's not a package of Shneier's
work, but that of Semantic Gap Solutions.  Web page at
http://www.semanticgap.com/myps/

>There doesn't seem to be a back-port, but I may not have the right
>backport line.
>Is "deb http://mirrors.geeks.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main " what I
>need?

I believe you need this;

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main

Not that it will help with your quest.

--
 Regards  _
You're not so safe in the safety of your room