Re: questions about password safes

On 03/07/2014 11:56 AM, Paul E Condon wrote:
I run Wheezy, desktop Xfce. I want to start using a password
safe. I've done some searching on the Web and would like to use Bruce
Schneier's "Password Safe". There is a package in Sid by the name
"mypasswordsafe.deb". I hope that this is a version of Schneier's
software suitable modified to word with Debian. But ... I have never
installed anything from Sid before and I want some help/guidance.

There doesn't seem to be a back-port, but I may not have the right
backport line.
Is "deb http://mirrors.geeks.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main " what I
need?

If, yes, I can conclude that a backport is not yet available.  If it
is not yet available, is there some other password safe software that
someone will suggest for use while I wait for what I really want.

TIA

Speaking of password safes, keychains, etc... What I would like to know is: is there an option that will work on Windows, OSX, and Linux? Something where I can keep it on a USB flash drive? I'm not looking for something to insert the passsword for me; really I just want a well encrypted "document"/diary that is cross platform...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.