Re: Here's how to make yourself happier OT in re systemd

Le 06.03.2014 19:17, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
On Jo, 06 mar 14, 10:54:04, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
[...] I think that it's easy enough to disable/enable
a particular daemon, since we only need to change a file name and
run #update-rc.d <script> defaults.

Sorry, but this doesn't parse, 'defaults' should configure the service
to start/not start according to the LSB headers.

As far as I know at the moment the only recommended and reliable to
enable/disable daemons is

    update-rc.d <service-name> enable|disable

I'd rather see this in service(8), and it seems others thought the same
(see #545325).

Kind regards,
Andrei

I never really dug into this. It's only that this line is the one given /etc/rcX.d/README :
$ cat /etc/rc2.d/README
The scripts in this directory are executed each time the system enters
this runlevel.

The scripts are all symbolic links whose targets are located in
/etc/init.d/ .

To disable a service in this runlevel, rename its script in this
directory so that the new name begins with a 'K' and a two-digit
number, and run 'update-rc.d script defaults' to reorder the scripts
according to dependencies.  A warning about the current runlevels
being enabled not matching the LSB header in the init.d script will be
printed.  To re-enable the service, rename the script back to its
original name beginning with 'S' and run update-rc.d again.

For a more information see /etc/init.d/README.