Re: Postfix not writing to mail log files on wheezy system.

peter green wrote:
While attempting to look into a mail issue on one of my machines I noticed that /var/log/mail/mail.log did not appear to have been updated since december.

I belive that this may have been triggered by an upgrade from squeeze to wheezy but I don't remember exactly when I upgraded the machine.

Any thoughts on how to go about troubleshooting this?
I got help in #postfix on irc, turns out the problem was that I didn't have a syslogd installed. I guess sysklogd got removed and not replaced during the upgrade.

Interestingly after installing rsyslog it decided to put the logs directly in /var/log rather than in /var/log/mail.