Debian init choices

Hi all,

I was just wondering something. How much effort would it take for me,
personally, just me, to make my Debian Stable start all its processes
with DJB's Daemontools. I know Daemontools, I understand it, I know how
to work with it and how to troubleshoot it. What I don't know is:

1) How to get the kernel to pass off control to Daemontools?
2) How to know which processes get run after boot?
3) Can one start drivers with Daemontools?
4) Would there be a performance or stability cost to doing this, other
   than boot taking longer, which I don't care about that much?

Please understand, I'm *not* suggesting this be incorporated in any
Linux distribution. I'm aware that if it were such an excellent idea,
other distros would be doing it this way already.

Speaking just for myself, and possibly doing this just for myself, I
just find sysinit or whatever it's called, and upstart, to be a little
too black-boxy for my taste, and from what I read, systemd won't be
much different in that regard.

Thanks,

SteveT