Re: Mysterius Download

Hi,

The browser takes a long time to open the pages but the applet "properties of network connection" shows a high download rate.

But I'm not downloading anything!

How to find out which program is doing this mysterious "download" and block this download?

I'm using Debian Squeeze.

You can use iftop to see which ports are involved and :

sudo netstat -vutlnp

to note the process. I think you may complete with :

sudo ps -eo pid,args | grep "process"

to get what command originated it.

It is what I would do anyway, some may have better solutions.

Good luck ;)

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce