BIOS Administrator Pasword Workaround

Hello all,

I've got this old HP Compaq nx6120, that I want to change the boot
sequence on as I've just installed tails on a USB drive and bought a new
external DVD burner to provide what the internal standard player doesn't.

I've forgotten what the original BIOS administrator password was, however,
so don't access to change the boot sequence. If I remove the CMOS battery,
that should do it and I shouldn't lose anything other than the time?
ind regards,

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515