Re: Re: [OT] KDM No Longer In KDE ?!?

Trivia really.

Long ago, I tried to set up kdm to run multiple x servers, and it was
too opaque for me, and so I tried gdm and found it easy.  There were
other aspects of gdm I liked.

Then Gnome 3 came along, and its gdm3 couldn't do multiple x servers
(or so I read).  Consequently, I am still running gdm-2.20.11-4.  On
unstable.  With Debian doing so much updating lately (get rid of
deadwood, like old users such as myself), I figured I better download
the 2.20.11-4 source package from oldstable before it goes away.

But, sometime between now and April, I will be moving to Gentoo,
Slackware or beyond.  I guess 15 years of Debian is enough.

Gord