HTTP/HTTPS denied via proxy - SSH DynamicForward/ SOCKS proxy and iiNet "Bob" modem config/admin

I have an iiNet ADSL link at one place, and an SSH server A running
behind that, as well as a HTTPD web server.

The Internet connection is by way of an iiNet Bob ADSL modem (and
wired and wireless router etc).

When I ssh to A, with a DynamicForward configuration, and configure
Firefox at my local end to use that SOCKS proxy, I can access my HTTPD
at remote site using the HTTPD server's internal IP address
(10.1.1.49). SOCKS v4 or v5 both work.

But when I try to access the Bob modem at 10.1.1.1, Firefox tells me
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Does anyone know why the SOCKS proxy would work for my web server, but
not for accessing the inbuilt webserver of the ADSL modem?

TIA
Zenaan