Re: Debian wheezy 7.4 preseed install fails with error "mirror does not support the specified release (wheezy)

On 22/02/14 07:00, Sandeep Raman wrote:
> OS - Debian wheezy 7.4 amd64 iso cd1
> Preseed section of mirror:
> d-i mirror/protocol string ftp
> d-i mirror/ftp/hostname string ftp.iitm.ac.in <http://ftp.iitm.ac.in>
> d-i mirror/ftp/directory string /debian/
> d-i mirror/ftp/proxy string

That 'should' work - assuming the hostname line wasn't tried verbatim -
and dependant on how you are using preseed.cfg and your boot parameters
(see my questions further down).
ftp 'can' be problematic and if you have a choice choose http.

Try:-
(protocol string doesn't seem to be required if not selecting ftp)
d-i mirror/country string enter information manually
d-i mirror/http/hostname string ftp.iitm.ac.in
d-i mirror/http/directory string /debian/
d-i mirror/http/proxy string

<snipped>

> I have given different mirrors and even used http.
> From console and browser, i'm able to
> fetch ftp://ftp.iitm.ac.in/debian/dists/wheezy/Release
>
> Any pointers in solving this.

First tell us what you are trying to do....

Are you adding the preseed.cfg to the CD *or* calling it from the boot
prompt?

What boot parameters are you using?

What is the rest of your preseed.cfg?
NOTE: the answers to the previous two questions determine what's
required for preseed.cfg to work - please put the preseed.cfg on
paste.debian.net and link to it in your post.

Did you try Alt+F4 during the install to see what the problem was? If so
what were the messages?

Have you selected the "Save debug logs" option which starts a simple web
server and allows you to get meaningful installation information?

> Thanks,
> Sandeep.

You may find this preseed.cfg useful to compare yours to:-
http://paste.debian.net/83397
I use it *in* a CD, and boot the CD with:-
"install auto DEBCONF_DEBUG=5".
It auto-partitions, builds a stripped-down box, and includes ssh (ssh
installer@ipAddress). Modify it suit your needs and circumstances.

Kind regards