Re: Physically have install DVD set. Want ISO's from which they came.

On 21/02/2014 07:32, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I have *NO* internet connectivity.
> I have Squeeze installed.
> I have complete DVD install set.
>
> I want to re-create the ISO files from which they came.
>
> I suspect I'm missing something obvious ;/
>
> HELP ;>

First off ... why're you looking to re-create the ISO images if you've already
got them hard-copy on the DVDs?

"sudo dd -if /dev/dvd[*] -of Squeeze_disc_N.iso[**]" should probably cover what
you need to do.  Running it as root is probably not necessary, but it covers you
in case your currently logged in user doesn't have the permissions necessary to
work with /dev/dvd (i.e. it's just insurance so you don't get an error message).

[*] Assuming that /dev/dvd is your dvd drive.
[**] where 'N' is the disc number.  Also note that this assumes you're already
in the directory where you want to keep the ISOs.