Want to get a USB 3 ExpressCard add-on. Which should I get?

Hi there,

I'm running x86_64 Debian 7.3 with kernel 3.11-0.bpo.2 on a late 2006 MacBook Pro.

I think one of my USB ports is flakey and USB 2 is slow, so I want to get a USB 3 expansion card. My MacBook has one ExpressCard 34mm slot. In case it matters, I'm using the MacBook as a file server, so stability is important.

Can anyone help me figure out which cards will be supported in Debian?

Cursory research / Googling I've done suggests that some cards won't work, but a lot of the information is 3-4 years old. Sufficed to say I haven't figured out how to tell which ones will. I don't want to buy a card only to realize it's not supported.

These are the ones I've found so far that seem to be well reviewed:

1) http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-ExpressCard-SuperSpeed-Express/dp/B005STWIQ2/
2) http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE®-ExpressCard-34mm-Adapter-Dual/dp/B0045BLP1S/
3) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839158048

There are several reviews for 2) that say it works in Linux, don't mention which distros though (maybe that doesn't matter?). 1) has conflicting reviews about whether it works in Linux.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

- Brian