Re: Last update and Pulse

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Ric Moore wrote:

> I thought I had it licked, by using a USB port direct instead of
> using a USB hub, for my headphones, but I'm still getting hit and
> miss from Pulseaudio. Worked perfectly before. Anyone else seeing
> high CPU usage? Ric

Not specifically high CPU usage.  Mine just stopped loading.  A
conflict between pulseaudio and pulseaudio-equalizer I believe.
Discovered a fix by deleting Equalizer start up config that was appended
to .pulse/default.pa in my home directory, but still had to load
pulseaudio manually after booting.*  Finally, it stopped loading no
matter what I tried.

Finally, as suggested in one of the docs I read, it said to
delete /etc/pulse and .pulse, and reinstall pulseaudio.  I did a little
more before though by installing pavucontrol and paprefs -- they were
never installed, purged pulseaudio, THEN reinstalled it. When X
loaded, pulse was loaded, too.  Surprised the hell out of me.  Wasn't
expecting it to do that.

Here are links to the docs I used to finally get things working.

https://wiki.debian.org/en/PulseAudio
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio

*FYI: I don't have a "standard" install of Wheezy 64-bit.  Just run
Openbox, Debian Menu and LXPanel.  No Desktop Enviornment installed at
all.  No Desktop Manager.  I boot to a terminal, login and run startx.