Re: systemd: some more questions

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:12 AM, Gian Uberto Lauri <saint@eng.it> wrote:

> let's assume that I have to execute a script after S10checkfs/
> S11mountall and before S13networking.
>
> Do I find a clear, reliable set of instructions to achieve this goal?
>
> At this time my fear is that systemd turns out as a very nice tool for
> personal pc but a PITA for servers/vm (as happened for upstep).

You've chosen an interesting case! :)

My first reaction was to write: "If I were you I'd create a sysvinit
script that'll be slotted in between mountall and networking by
insserv rather than try to figure out how to order it in between S10
and S13 by systemd directly."

But I thought that given that "/etc/init.d/mountall.sh" is an early
boot service, I checked and found that it's overridden in systemd by
an empty "/lib/systemd/system/checkfs.service".

So I'd check what systemd unit (units) does (do) the job of
mountall.sh and create a systemd service that Requires=/Wants= and is
After= that unit (those units) as well as WantedBy=/RequiredBy= and
Before= "network.target".