Re: Wheezy NVidia driver for card GT 750M

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:38:21 -0200,
Markos<markos@c2o.pro.br> wrote:

>Dear,
>
>I just installed Wheezy 7.4 on a notebook with Nvidia video card
>"GeForce GT 750M".
>
>I searched the site:
>
>https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
>
>And from what I've seen, the list of devices supported by the version
>304.88:
>
>http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/304.88/README/supportedchips.html
>

>does not include the GT 750M model
>
>Another option is to use the Nvidia proprietary installer available at:
>
>http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/72249/en-us
>
>Version: 331.38
>Release Date: 01/13/2014
>Operating System: Linux 32-bit

If you want smooth Debian-style installation, you can use the version
that is backported (319.82) - it lists these models as supported in its
documentation:

    GeForce GT 750M                       0x0FE4             D
    GeForce GT 750M                       0x0FE9             D

It is available through backports:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/nvidia-driver
http://backports.debian.org/

I am using it myself (though with a 650Ti), and it works flawlessly.

best regards
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
gusnan@gusnan.se