Re: systemd: some questions

On Mi, 12 feb 14, 21:28:19, Hans wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as I welcome and want to test the new systemd, but not break my system, I have
> some questions. Hope, they can be easily answered and are not too dumb.
>
> 1. Must I install systemd-sysv additionally to systemd?

No.

> 2. Must I remove the essential package sysvinit?

No.

> 3. Is the entry in ther commandline of grub init=7lib/systemd/systemd needed?
> (My system hangs, when this is used)

According to /usr/share/doc/systemd/README.Debian this should be

    init=/bin/systemd

(works here)

> 4. Are there other things, which I have to pay attention for and I forgot to
> mention here?

If you're comfortable with editing grub menu items on the go I would
suggest you do that so a simple reboot brings you back to sysv.

Later, if/when you are comfortable with a more permanent change you can
put it in /etc/default/grub or install systemd-sysv.

Kind regards,
Andrei