Re: How to use de "update" CDs?

Am Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014, 16:47:30 schrieb Markos:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm planning to download the CDs :
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.3.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-7.3.0-i386-xfce
> -CD-1.iso
>

> and
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.3.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-7.3.0-i386-CD-2
> .iso
>

> to install Wheezy on a laptop.
>
> But I don't know how to use the CDs "Update".
> debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD ...
>
> Please, how do I use these CDs?
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-1.iso
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-2.iso
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-3.iso
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-4.iso
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-5.iso
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-6.iso
>   debian-update-7.3.0-i386-CD-7.iso
>
> I put them with additional CDs during installation or use after
> installation?
>
> Thanks for any tip.
>
> Markos
>
> <http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.3.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-update-7.3.0-i
> 386-CD-1.iso>

Hi Markus,

after installation with the first cdrom, you can add them with the "apt-cdrom"
command.

However, if you have an internet access, it would be much easier, to install
all needed packages right from the web.

You might use then apt-get, aptitude or synaptics. All are great and easy to
handle tools.

Good luck!

Hans