How can I debug a kernel module?

Hi,
   I have installed Debian under client Hyper-V in Windows 8.1 Pro and the time is not synced
after a resume, the clock just goes one like nothing happened. So if the guest VM was in a saved
state for one hour, its clock would be late one hour after resuming the VM. The source of
'hv_utils' suggests the guest's clock schould be synced after such a resume event.
How can I find out what is happening? I can code C a little bit.

Thanks,
Sladjan