Re: grub efi does not find windows

On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 04:16 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:47:33AM +0100, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
> > Thanks in advance for any hint about how to make me able to boot
> > windows anew.
>
> Is os-prober installed?

Doesn't a chainloader work for an efi boot?

I edit grub.cfg manually. Doesn't this work for modern efi
machines/Windows versions anymore?

menuentry "XP"{
    set root=(hd1,1)
    drivemap -s hd0 hd1
    chainloader +1
}

A side note, IMO a Windows install only is needed to develop and/or test
hardware. Most needed software should be available by Linux and assumed
some hardware isn't available, a virtual install IMO is the better
solution. Wine often might not work, but I run Windows in VBox to use
iTunes, I never ever would use a Windows outside a virtual machine,
excepted of hardware development and/or testing.