Re: zenbook not booting after failed suspend/resume (debian/testing)

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 08:07 -0600, Selim T. Erdogan wrote:
> Jogi Hofmüller, 28.01.2014:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Zenbook bootable again.  The fix was actually really easy:
> >
> >   apt-get install --reinstall grub-efi-amd64
>
> If the machine wasn't booting, how did you get to a state where you
> could run that?  Did you use a rescue usb/cd?

Or the OP has got a multi-boot as I've got.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ sudo systemd-nspawn -D /mnt/debi386/
Spawning namespace container on /mnt/debi386 (console is /dev/pts/1).
Init process in the container running as PID 3351.
root@debi386:~# apt-get update
[snip]
Fetched 884 kB in 38s (23.2 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
root@debi386:~# apt-get install mc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  mc-data
Suggested packages:
  arj dbview odt2txt gv catdvi djvulibre-bin python-boto python-tz
  mc mc-data
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
[snip]
Setting up mc-data (3:4.8.3-10) ...
Setting up mc (3:4.8.3-10) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/mcview to provide /usr/bin/view
(view) in auto mode
Processing triggers for menu ...
root@debi386:~#

:)