Re: How to Downgrade from Wheezy to Squeeze

2014-01-28 Garry <garry@gdconn.com>

Is it possible to downgrade from Wheezy to Squeeze?

The reason I want to downgrade is because I am trying to install Openfire and unfortunately:

openfire pre-depends on sun-java5-jre | sun-java6-jre | default-jre-headless | openjdk-6-jre

- - I would prefer downgrading if it’s possible.
- - I wouldn’t mind keeping Wheezy if I could get the pre-depends installed.
— - If downgrading isn’t an option; can someone help me with remote installation (server is located in the attic; I’d prefer not climbing up there to retrieve it.)

Thanks in advanced to anyone and everyone willing to help!

You can install jre from oracle sources and then add the relevant JAVA_HOME environment variables in ~/.bashrc (or /etc/bash.bashrc for system wide) to point at it, source ~/.bashrc and test with: java --version

Eventually use update-alternatives to inform debian about it.

/r