Re: fastest linux distro

On Fri, 1/24/14, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

 Subject: Re: fastest linux distro
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Friday, January 24, 2014, 11:34 PM

 wrote:

 >  Subject: Re: fastest linux distro To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 >  Date: Friday, January 24, 2014, 11:21 PM
 >

 >  I wouldn't be so quick to recommend the
 deb-multimedia third party
 >  repository considering the problems it can cause
 to your system.

 > Indeed!  dmo broke my wheezy install.  Had to
 nuke everything in dmo
 > but the key and start over using other options (except
 for one package
 > not available elsewhere).

 That wouldn't be libdvdcss2, by any chance, would it? :)

Nope.  It was avidemux that I needed from dmo.  At some point I might need libdvdcss2 but right now my media work-flow is working without it.  It took over a year to get the same setup that worked perfectly on squeeze up and running on wheezy.  But let's not get too OT.