Re: gambas3 does not work in Sid

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM, sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:20:30 +0000
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Fri 24 Jan 2014 at 20:58:40 +0100, sp113438 wrote:
>>
>> > I get this:
>> >
>> > $ gambas3
>> >
>> > ** Oops! Internal error! **
>> > ** Cannot find interface of library 'gb.geom'
>> > ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.geom': cannot find component
>> > ** Program aborting. Sorry! :-(
>> > ** Please send a bug report at gambas@users.sourceforge.net
>> >
>> > I sent the bugreport and the answer was:
>>
>> There is no such answer in the Debian reord, If your question was sent
>> somewhere else then you should really be dealing with them.
>>

> I sent the bugreport at gambas@users.sourceforge.net

In other words, you sent the bugreport to the gambas development
project hosted on sourceforge.net. They seem to think the problem is
with the Debian repositories. (We would prefer to think in terms of
something like out-of-date patches.)

Ideally, the Debian package maintainer would be a member of their
project, but that is apparently not the case. We might wish that the
gambas project would directly contact the Debian package maintainer,
but they seem to be busy. (The gambas project has always struck me as
being a bit under-manned. If I didn't have too many projects of my
own, it's one of the projects I'd be wanting to lend a hand to.)

So, what you might want to do is send your bug report, or a link to
it, to the Debian package maintainer, who you should be able to find
by looking up the package. (A link to this thread in the mail archives
might also be useful.)

Debian packages are here:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

But looking up "gambas debian package  maintainer" on google also
brought up a bit of the information you want.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.