Re: Kicad and module files

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 02:30:39PM +0100, Slavko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some days ago the Kicad was updated in testing. Today i am trying to
> develop one PCB, but the module (*.mod) files are missing. After i
> create schematic, generate netlist and go to CvPcb to assign modules i
> get message with title "Some files could not be found!" with list of
> missing *.mod files.
>
> I tried to start new empty project, but without success. I check that
> there are no *.mod files (only three or four unrelated) in my system,
> nor in binary package(s), nor in source package.
>
> Please, something was changed with Kicad (e.g. changed extension) or it
> is a bug?
>
> regards
>
> --
> Slavko
> http://slavino.sk

It is certainly broken.  I tried opening a known working project I
had and CvPcb generated lots of missing *.mod errors.
I also couldn't open the pcb.

I got around this problem by downgrading from the 0.20131208 version
to 0.20130727.  Luckily I had them in my /var/cache/apt/archives/

I also noticed that the newest version (0.20131208) has almost no .mod
files whereas the older (0.20130727) version has many.

--
Jeremiah Mahler <jmmahler@gmail.com>