Re: Determine XTerm Geometry

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> * Patrick Bartek wrote on 2014-01-20 at 14:35 (-0800):
>
> > And FYI: you don't even need the WINDOW_ID. Just run xwininfo
> > in any terminal, left click on the target window, and it spits
> > out THAT windows stats.
>
> I know :-)  You mentioned, you already had columns and lines (via
> the $COLUMNS/$LINES shell variables?), so I supposed, you wanted
> to do some non-interactive scripting...

Yes and no.  I needed the info from already running terminals to
duplicate them (size, location, etc.) on booting.  I've finally settled
on a GUI configuration -- I use only a window manager and it doesn't
"remember" it when I reboot.  So, I have to use a startup script to
load and "place" everything.

Again, thanks for your recommendation.