Re: Gunicorn init script

On 01/21/2014 03:38 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Lu, 20 ian 14, 15:28:33, Henning Follmann wrote:

Yes,
in Wheezy bootlogd is active by default. In previous versions you had to
enable it by setting
BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=yes
in /etc/default/bootlogd

The boot messages will be logged to /var/log/boot

True, but since it's Priority: optional it might not be installed at
all.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Ignore my previous message.

When I started the VM this morning, bootlogd did register several error lines from gunicorn. Seems it cannot change to the source directory of one of the sites it's serving. That particular directory is on a NFS share.

I am going to assume that, on cold boots, when gunicorn starts, NFS mounts are incomplete because it takes the VM time to get the low level stuff settled. On warm boots, that work is done, so NFS mounts complete before gunicorn starts. :-) It's a working hypothesis!

(Of course that does not explain why bootlogd showed nothing yesterday.)

But thanks for the suggestions!

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>