Re: Procedure? Move existing Wheezy from sda2 to md1

On 19/01/2014 17:57, Reco wrote:

Given you're using>2Tb disks, GPT would be nessessary, and GRUB2 will
fail to install unless you'll create special 'bios_grub' partition.

[..]

bios_grub partition for grub2 (it failed to boot without it) - 1Mb
md0 for grub - 128Mb
md1 as a physical volume for the rest of the RAID1.

[..]
GRUB was installed on both disks. bios_grub
was put on both disks.

May I ask a detail? Did you have to mark any partitions 'bootable'? Actually, did you have to mark bootable partitions on either or both disks in the RAID-1 pair? Or did you have to set any other partition 'flags'?

At very least, you'll also need to reinstall GRUB on the RAID1

Happy with that; I seem to have spent half my life reconfiguring Grub

and rebuild initrd.

But that's more serious.

Thanks for the detailed comments.  Ron